PLEASE NOTE : Bursary applications for 2022 are now closed
Bursaries for 2022
The closing date for submission of applications and supporting documents is 3 December 2021
Pyrotechnical Marketing (Pty) Ltd endeavours to contribute to the growth and fulfilment of the youth in South Africa in as many ways as possible and hence intends to award bursary opportunities. Preference will be given to first year students with a minimum average of 70% overall grade.
• 100% of the prescribed university tuition fees and registration fees. Prescribed tuition fees and registration fees are paid directly to the university.
• An amount of not greater than R 5 000, 00 per annum towards textbooks which will be paid directly to the individual.
• An amount equal to the average rate will be paid for the accommodation in a single room at a university hostel at which the Pyrotec bursar is studying. This rate will be determined by Pyrotec. Should the accommodation be a private hostel or residence, the amount paid shall be determined by Pyrotec. You will be eligible to apply for accommodation funding if your permanent residence is outside the city, you are studying in.
• Students will be required to pay for any repeat subjects themselves.
• Monies for accommodation are paid directly to the university if the student is staying at university-administered accommodation.
• In cases where the student elects to stay in non-university administered accommodation, monies in lieu of accommodation will be paid directly to the property owner, provided a lease agreement and/or invoice is provided.
• Transport allowance will be paid directly to the individual. If applicants are applying for a transport allowance, proof of address must be submitted with their application.
• Payments in respect of the above are made once a year.
• Full details of the payment process and the requirements which must be met will be communicated to successful applicants once a bursary has been awarded.
• Successful applicants will be bound contractually to work at Pyrotec after graduation for a period equal to the tenure of the bursary, should Pyrotec require the applicant to.
• No bursaries will be awarded for fields of study not listed above. Applicants should submit an application based on a real interest in the field.
• The closing date for submission of applications and supporting documents is 3 December 2021. No LATE applications will be accepted.
• Please forward completed applications in one pdf document to firstname.lastname@example.org with BURS2022 as your subject line, due to COVID no hand delivered applications will be accepted. Applications will not be accepted in word or jpeg form.
• For any general enquiries, please contact the HR Department on 021 787 9600.
• Applicants should be a South African Resident and AA/EE candidates ONLY.
• Should you not hear from us 8 weeks after submitting your application, please consider your application unsuccessful..
Subscribe to the Pyrotec Newsletter
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to calculate visitor, session, campaign data and keep track of site usage for the site's analytics report. The cookies store information anonymously and assign a randomly generated number to identify unique visitors.
This is a pattern type cookie set by Google Analytics, where the pattern element on the name contains the unique identity number of the account or website it relates to. It appears to be a variation of the _gat cookie which is used to limit the amount of data recorded by Google on high traffic volume websites.
This cookie is used by Google Analytics to understand user interaction with the website.
This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to store information of how visitors use a website and helps in creating an analytics report of how the website is doing. The data collected including the number visitors, the source where they have come from, and the pages visted in an anonymous form.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
This cookie is set by Facebook to deliver advertisement when they are on Facebook or a digital platform powered by Facebook advertising after visiting this website.
This cookie is a browser ID cookie set by Linked share Buttons and ad tags.
The cookie is set by Facebook to show relevant advertisments to the users and measure and improve the advertisements. The cookie also tracks the behavior of the user across the web on sites that have Facebook pixel or Facebook social plugin.
1 year 24 days
Used by Google DoubleClick and stores information about how the user uses the website and any other advertisement before visiting the website. This is used to present users with ads that are relevant to them according to the user profile.
This cookie is set by doubleclick.net. The purpose of the cookie is to determine if the user's browser supports cookies.
5 months 27 days
This cookie is set by Youtube. Used to track the information of the embedded YouTube videos on a website.