Pyrotec PackMark, April 2019:
Coding, marking and print and apply labelling are the ways in which manufacturers print essential product and traceability information onto packaging, labels and other manufactured goods. Examples include barcodes, serialisation codes, and expiry or ‘best by’ dates.
Tertiary coding – the printed barcodes on the outermost carton used to transport these goods – ensure product owners can trace their products as they move through the supply chain. This enables anyone involved in the chain to identify individual lots, shipments and packages, and pinpoint where they are, where they’ve come from, and where they’re going. They also ensure brand owners can quickly recall products if necessary.
For tertiary coding, the print and apply 2200 Pallet labeller from Markem-Imaje and available locally from Pyrotec PackMark, builds on a proven concept of providing reliability, efficiency and ease of use in demanding 24/7 environments. The 2200 Pallet takes print and apply labelling to the next stage of evolution, giving you optimised operational intervention and unparalleled reliability.
- One or two-side pallet labelling at speeds up to 120 pallets per hour
- Standard 18-month warranty, and up to five-year warranty extension
- Unique compact design and robust swing arm applicator makes it the perfect long-term investment
- Simple media path allows operators to reload label and ribbon rolls in less than 40 seconds
- Compliant ANSI grade A/B codes even at the highest application speed
- CoLOS® software solutions ensure product data integrity, central data management and easy connection to existing enterprise database
- Designed to be over 85% recyclable
With a built-in real-time clock and 10 individual programmable counters, printing methods include thermal transfer or direct thermal at a maximum print speed of 300mm per second.
There are two print engine options for either 200 or 300dpi quality and a swing arm for one and two adjacent side applications.
Label application time cycles include single linear movement (7 seconds), single side movement (10 seconds) mand two adjacent side movements (20 seconds).
Additionally, there are 16 smooth scalable fonts available, and most graphics are supported, as are all major linear and 2D barcodes.
For more information about your tertiary coding options, contact Pyrotec PackMark today.