An exciting new opportunity has opened up at Pyrotec Cape Town.
Pyrotec is a privately owned South African company that specialises in providing innovative and top quality product identification solutions. The company’s extensive service offerings include on-pack product identification solutions including self-adhesive label systems, coding and labelling equipment as well as self-adhesive products suitable for businesses and homes.
Pyrotec seeks a self-motivated Industrial Engineering student to assist in streamlining and optimising Pyrotec’s planning, through the implementation of specific systems and elimination of wastefulness in all production processes.
- Currently completing ND in Industrial Engineering and eligible for in-service training.
- Capability to work cross-departmentally and in collaboration with a diverse set of individuals.
- Ability to deal with a stressful environment while maintaining high levels of composure and professionalism.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail to effectively handle and manage multiple tasks.
- Strong mathematical and computer competence, with the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Proficiency in CAD will be advantageous.
- Good communication skills.
- Use industrial engineering tools and techniques to measure and evaluate processes, operations, work methods, layouts and flow.
- Design and create proposals for improved systems, layouts and work methods as well as present these to management.
- Create, update and document new procedures with regards to implemented changes and new systems.
- Conduct time studies in various areas of business as well as formulate working instructions and targets.
- Training employees on implemented or improved systems and procedures as well as set internal tests for evaluation of the improved systems and procedures.
- Implementing visual systems to improve stock management as well as calculating and setting reorder levels.
- Participating in stock take and recommending improvements to current method and system.
- Assist with the implementation of 5S within the organisation.
- Communication with manager/supervisor – daily, weekly and monthly.
- Ensure the best health and safety practices are observed and identify any potential contraventions.
- Perform any ad hoc duties as set out by your manager.
Should you feel that you are the ideal candidate, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying, please quote the job title and reference number (PYRO072W) in the subject line. Should you not quote the reference number your application will not be viewed. We urge all applicants to only apply for the position if they meet all the above criteria.
Should you not hear from us within two weeks of submitting your CV, please consider your application unsuccessful.