An exciting new opportunity has opened up at Pyrotec Gauteng. Pyrotec is a privately owned South African company that specialises in providing innovative and top-quality product identification solutions. The company’s extensive service offerings include on-pack product identification solutions including self-adhesive label systems, coding and labelling equipment as well as self-adhesive products suitable for businesses and homes.
PackMark is our machinery division that offers a comprehensive range of labelling, coding and print & apply labelling equipment. We exclusively supply the very latest hardware from international industry leaders Markem-Imaje, ALTech and Accraply Harland Machine Systems as well as a selection of other brands. Our end-to-end service covers every step in the process of procuring new coding or labelling equipment, from project management through to after-sales technical support.
We are looking for a ‘seasoned’ Senior Service and Installation Engineer in Gauteng to serve, manage and coordinate our rapidly growing market share in the territory. The ideal candidate will come from a technical background with a tertiary qualification, understand client needs, be capable of building credible relationships and provide solutions whilst ensuring unfailing service. The position requires a sensible and dedicated individual who is composed and level headed.
- Qualified artisan
- Tertiary qualifications – N4 or higher (millwright, mechanical, mechatronics, fitter and turner, etc)
- Minimum 10 year’s technical experience
- Own reliable transport
- Able to do fault finding and troubleshoot
- Ability to work under pressure and independently
- Able to manage and coordinate jobs of all technical staff and the workshop
- Servicing and maintenance of coding and labelling machinery
- Surveying of machines for installations
- Stock control – spares and consumables
- Training and development – continuously acquiring and updating knowledge as well as being updated with developing technology
- Marketing and customer services – efficiently assisting both departments where necessary
- Following up on sales leads
- Canvasing the market – proposing solutions to customer’s needs
- Completing all required documentation required by the company within the required time period
- Adhering to all health and safety standards and procedures
- Computer literate
- Planning and organising skills
- Analytical minded
- Sound interpersonal skills
- Ability to take initiative
- Willingness and ability to travel both inside and outside South Africa where required
- Willingness and ability to work overtime / accept responsibility to be on standby
NOTE: Remuneration package market related and to commensurate with qualification and experience
Please DO NOT apply should you not have the above experience, requirements and skills as your application will NOT be viewed.
Should you feel that you are the ideal candidate, please email your CV to email@example.com.
When applying please quote the job title and reference number (PYRO086W) in the subject line. Should you not quote the reference number; your application will not be viewed.
Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks of submitting your CV, please consider your application unsuccessful.