“A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.” —Tenneva Jordan
One of the things that make moms so special is their tendency to put their loved ones’ needs before their own. But there’s one day of the year that reminds us all to put mom first and show her that we really do appreciate everything that she does for us.
Here are five simple yet memorable do-it-yourself Mother’s Day gift ideas:
- Pack a picnic Invite mom to spend the afternoon or evening relaxing in nature while you treat her to a one-of-a-kind picnic that you have prepared and packed yourself. Make sure to include all her favourite snacks and treats. You could also include a few small and meaningful gifts – marked with special Mother’s Day gift labels from TOWER’s range of pre-designed labels.
- Create a craft jar If the mom in your life enjoys drawing, painting, beading or any other kind of craft, you could make her a personalised craft kit by filling a large clear glass jar with all the tools and supplies she needs to get her creative juices flowing. You can design and print your own custom-made label for the jar with TOWER’s inkjet laser label range. Simply choose your template, download it and print it at home or work.
- Frame a few photos When last did your mom update the photos on her mantelpiece or on her desk at work? Mother’s Day is an ideal opportunity to print out some recent – or favourite – photos of mom and her loved ones. There’s no need to go to great expense, you can print them at home using TOWER’s photo quality paper and shop around for a few pretty yet inexpensive photo frames that would appeal to your mom’s sense of style.
- DIY doodle pad To make mom her very own magnetic memo pad for scribbling shopping lists and jotting down ideas, upcycle a set of brightly-coloured post-it notes by gluing these to a sturdy piece of wood, a small chalkboard or even an old photo frame and attach a magnetic strip to the back so mom can keep it on her fridge. You can use TOWER’s magnetic tape. Simply roll out the length you need, cut on the cutting edge and stick to your designs using the self-adhesive side of the tape.
- Ten tokens of love If cash is tight, why not give mom the gift of time? Think of five tasks that you can help her with, like washing her car or spring cleaning her kitchen; and five treats that you can offer her, like a foot rub or breakfast in bed. Then create a homemade paper token for each task or treat and tie these together into a pretty token booklet using a ribbon. This is a great gift that lasts well beyond Mother’s Day.
For more ideas and inspiration, visit http://www.towerproducts.co.za/